Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Lunch at home




I'm on a bit of a food-spending hiatus at the moment. It will be short-lived -- I'm trying not to spend money eating out, few exceptions, until we get to Australia on May 12. If I see the kind of savings I expect to see, I'm going to get into the habit of semi-regular spending hiatuses, especially when it comes to dining out.

So I've got a new rule. If I catch myself thinking about tacos on my way home, or wanting to try a new restaurant for lunch, I simply remind myself that I've got a pantry and fridge full of food at home and I redirect my focus. If I don't have fresh veggies or a protein, I'll stop and pick some up. But I'm mostly focused on clearing out some fridge and pantry items before they end up in the garbage.

Today's lunch was a plate of roasted greens from our CSA share with Jodi and Adam, and a white cheddar quesadilla. Quick, easy, cheap, mostly healthy. I'm good with it.

1 comment:

  1. Greens are GOOD and so is saving money and so is being healthy. It's a win, win, win!

    ReplyDelete