Monday, April 5, 2010

Franklin Chopped Beef

When I got there at 2:00 PM on Saturday, the most popular centrally located BBQ trailer in town was out of their famed brisket. And sausage. And ribs. And potato salad. And beans.

I was all set to order a chopped beef sandwich and a pulled pork sandwich. But after 15 minutes in line, they were out of the pulled pork, too. Two chopped beef sandwiches to go, I guess.

Of all of the offerings at Franklin Barbecue, the chopped beef sandwich would have been the last on my list. But I was hungry, Mike was waiting, and the proprietor was practically giving them away at $2 apiece with a pint of coleslaw on the house -- er, trailer.

Walking back to my car, I was giddy. I love a good bargain -- even if the chopped beef wasn't my first choice. But after taking my first bite, I realized I'd have happily paid full price for these babies. If these are the dregs, I can't wait to go back and try the stuff they're actually known for.

No comments:

Post a Comment