Thursday, March 11, 2010

Stealing Green

Everything about this post is stolen, or at least borrowed, from the photos to the construction of garden beds to the actual purchase of plants. But I'm just so excited about this, I had to throw up a quick post. (I did help with the packing of soil and have provided support via random squeals of enthusiasm.)

Mike's backyard is the epitome of spring these days. He recently built some garden beds, filled them with soil, put down a few plants - can't wait to shop for more this weekend at Natural Gardener! - and though it's only been a few days, I can already taste the chard frittatas and capreses in our future. (OK, fine, so I'll hold my breath on the tomatoes.)

Perhaps once we've had our first salad entirely out of backyard foodstuffs, I'll wax philosophically on the virtues of sustainable living and being more green. But right now, all I can say is, isn't it pretty?





*Photos courtesy of Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment