Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Brunetti's

It's not that I don't love a good cannoli. I do.

But, on the whole, I'm a steak-and-potatoes gal more than I am a sweets kind of gal. Ice cream doesn't do much for me, and pastries have to be pretty damn good for me to choose them over something savory. (I do lose all self-control around donuts and beignets.)

Now. Brunetti's in Melbourne's Italian neighborhood is, I have no doubt, an oustanding place for dessert. And I was drooling at the artwork behind their glass cases. But when it came right down to it, only one of our six samplings was worth writing home. It was the Baba Rum - the dessert I was least expecting to enjoy. (Mike picked it out.)

We tried six desserts because Brunetti's has miniature offerings on one end of the store, and I will go ahead and grant them that miniatures never tend to be as good as a full-sized plate of the same thing. Don't ask me why; I've often found this to be the case.

Still. Here are the photos. They're fabulous, but I think the pictures look better than the desserts tasted. (The coffee, on the other hand ... divine!)




1 comment:

  1. *All oustanding Australia photos courtesy of Mike. You probably knew that though, didn't you?

    ReplyDelete