Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Best Thing I Ever Ate

I love "The Best Thing I Ever Ate." It's one of those Food Network shows I'll just leave playing in the background. (All right, so that's true of most Food Network shows.)

"The Best Thing I Ever Ate" was all I could think about when, after much suggestion-seeking from friends, we settled on R&G Lounge as the one Chinatown restaurant we'd get to visit during our recent San Francisco/Napa weekend.

I knew we'd be ordering the salt-and-pepper crab long before we arrived. The Yelp reviews and photos had me sold from the first Google search. I was open to trying anything else on the menu, but I wanted that crab.

We left our camera in the car, and my iPhone was long dead after a day of walking around the Ferry building and drinks with friends at the Plant Cafe Organic.

Luckily, Mike snapped a shot of the crab on his cell phone before it was all gone. We ordered a couple of other things at R&G that night. And they were good. I just can't remember them right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment